Just a reminder that you now have exactly a month to submit an entry for our writing contest - if you're under 21 years of age. The winning essay will appear in our forthcoming book 33 1/3 Greatest Hits, Volume 1 - publishing in October. We've had a handful of entries already, but it would be great to get some more.
And remember, aside from getting published in our anthology book, the winner gets $250 as well. Life doesn't get much better than that.
If you're too old (trust me, I know how it feels), perhaps you know someone who might want to take a crack at this...
1. You must be under 21, as of June 30th this year.
2. You can write up to 2000 words about any album, apart from the 20 albums featured in the book:
Dusty in Memphis
The Kinks Are The Village Green Preservation Society
Meat is Murder
The Piper at the Gates of Dawn
Sign 'O' the Times
The Velvet Underground and Nico
Let It Be (Beatles)
Live at the Apollo
Let It Be (Replacements)
Led Zeppelin IV
Exile on Main St.
3. You can write these 2000 (or less) words in any way you want to - straight essay, lurid prose, verse, humour, fiction, screenplay: I don't mind.
4. Your entry does not need to refer to the 33 1/3 series in any way: it should be a stand-alone piece of writing, that we'll publish as the 21st chapter of this book.
5. You should send it to me, via email, as a Word file, by June 30th. We'll pick a winner by the end of July.