A blog about Bloomsbury Academic's 33 1/3 series, our other books about music, and the world of sound in general.

Friday, November 25, 2005

Bee Thousand

From Robert Pollard's website:

From the author of Continuum's 33 1/3 Series Bee Thousand Book:
Continuum’s 33 1/3 series to include a book on Bee Thousand

I’m working on a book about Bee Thousand for Continuum’s 33 1/3 series and would like to receive responses from fans of the record. I can't make any promises to those of you who write to me, but I'd very much like to make listener responses part of the book if at all possible. I’ll need your responses to be directed specifically to the record Bee Thousand and the songs on it. I'm interested in memoiristic stories about how the songs intersect with your lives. I’d also like to receive "readings" of the songs (what you think they’re about or what they might mean: your interpretations). If any of you misheard lyrics (known to some as “mondegreens”), I’d like to collect those as well. I’m sorry that I won’t be able to respond to each of you who sends something in, but I’ll be grateful to read what you write and consider it for the book. It will be most helpful if I hear from you in the next month or so--the sooner, the better. Thanks in advance for your help and all best wishes, Marc Woodworth.

Please send responses to me at the following email address:
B1000@skidmore.edu

No comments: