A blog about Bloomsbury Academic's 33 1/3 series, our other books about music, and the world of sound in general.

Thursday, September 29, 2005

Voxtrot (again)

I haven't mentioned Voxtrot for a few days, but I still can't get their Raised By Wolves EP out of my head. In a good way.

They were utterly charming when we saw them play a CMJ show at Coda - and amazingly fresh-faced. (Tiny pic courtesy of the lovely Emma.) People so young simply shouldn't be able to write songs like these. Leaving a song as good as "Wrecking Force" for an (apparently unplanned) encore is bizarre. Voxtrot seem to have so many great songs that they're not sure what to do with them.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was intruiged...checked out the band...and completely agree. I've already ordered the EP and the 7"...

Thanks, please keep the recommendations coming.

Anonymous said...

i've only heard "the start of something" and i'm despertly trying to find lyrics. can you help? :)

senka