A blog about Bloomsbury Academic's 33 1/3 series, our other books about music, and the world of sound in general.

Tuesday, September 27, 2005

10.0 Headed Boy

Domino's UK reissue of In the Aeroplane Over the Sea has prompted Pitchfork to give it a 10.0 review today.

I particularly like this part of the review:

What the hell? A guy in a rock band saying he was emotionally devastated by a book everyone else in America read for a middle-school assignment? I felt embarrassed for him at first, but then, the more I thought about it and the more I heard the record, I was awed. Mangum's honesty on this point, translated directly to his music, turned out to be a source of great power.

(Thanks to Allison in Chicago for alerting me to this.)

And it's just over a month until we publish Kim Cooper's book about the album...

1 comment:

allison said...

You're welcome! It's all about the love for the Aeroplane.